Zorro, the Musical
Book and Lyrics by Stephen Clark
Music by the Gipsy Kings
Original Story by Stephen Clark and Helen Edmundson
Music co-composed and adapted by John Cameron
Directed by Maru Garcia
After many adventures—duels at dawn, fierce battles with pirates at sea, and daring rescues—Diego de la Vega, a.k.a. Zorro, returns to America to reclaim the hacienda where he was raised and to seek justice for all who cannot fight for it themselves. Crackling with action and adventure, this musical brings to life the legend of the masked Spanish hero, ZORRO, featuring music by The Gipsy Kings.
• 7 males / 7 females (any age, any ethnicity)
• All roles available
• Saturday, February 25 and Sunday, February 26 from 3 to 7 pm
• Sign up for an audition at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b4eaba729a4fd0-auditions7#/
• Call-backs are not anticipated at this time.
• Prepare 1-2 minute monologue
• Prepare 16 to 32 bars of a song (no pop songs please). Bring your MP3 in a flash drive. No a cappella songs.
• Bring comfortable dancing shoes as dancing will be required at the time of the audition
• Please bring a copy of your headshot & resume.
• Initial read-through – Friday, March 3 from 6 to 9 pm
• Rehearsals from Monday to Thursday from 6 to 9. Saturdays from 11:30 to 5:30.
o Not all actors will be required to be at all rehearsals
• Tech Week April 30 to May 4th from 6 to 10 pm
Show Dates (call 1-hr prior)
• May 5th. to May 27 - Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm, Sundays at 2:30pm
• Industry night on Thursday, May 25 at 7:30pm
Compensation: $30 per show (rehearsals not paid)
All inquiries to be sent to [email protected]
WRTC encourages diversity in all forms. We welcome people of any gender, ethnicity, size, physical abilities, and acting experience to come audition.
WRTC follows Colorado Theatre Standards.